Flow with Freyja #16 (Advanced)
This advanced level Flow is short but still considered very advanced because it includes a "Full Crab Reach." This is similar to a back bend or wheel pose. If you are not comfortable with that move, you should stick with a regular Crab Reach during that portion of the flow. Be sure to listen to your body on what is comfortable and achievable with this Flow. You can perform this in a small space. Master Instructor Freyja Spence will demonstrate the Flow once to each side, and then calls it out through four rounds so you can follow along. Be sure to start with your Wrist Mobilizations first, and check out the Tutorials section for any moves you are not familiar with.
Where to find the Tutorials for movements used in this Flow:
Underswitch Tap - Level 1 Side Kickthrough - Level 1 Jumping Underswitch - Level 1 Scorpion Sweep - Level 2 Wave Unload - Level 1 and the Full Crab Reach is an advanced progression of the Crab Reach
The Call Out for this would be:
Set Crab, Right leg Underswitch Tap to Side Kickthrough, Right leg Jumping Underswitch to Left leg Scorpion Sweep to Right arm Full Crab Reach, Right leg Underswitch to Loaded Beast, Wave Unload, Return to Loaded Beast.
If you'd like to use this as a stand-along workout, here is a sample workout plan:
- Begin with the short or long duration Wrist Mobilizations video in the Level 1 tutorial section and follow along.
- Perform 10-15 repetitions of each movement for 2-3 sets. If you are unfamiliar with any of the movements, go to the Tutorial section and follow along before performing the previously suggested sets and reps.
- Watch this week’s Flow and practice along.
- Once you feel comfortable with the Flow, continue to practice, attempting to perform as many rounds of the Flow as possible with perfect form. Take 60-120 seconds of rest between attempts, then repeat. Continue this strategy for your desired workout time. *We would suggest 20-25 minutes for practicing the entire Flow.
- Leave at least 3-5 minutes for an additional round of Wrist Mobilizations.
Animal Flow On Demand is intended for your personal use. If you are interested in teaching Animal Flow to others, in personal training or classes, you'll need to become a Certified Animal Flow Instructor by attending one of our workshops. If you'd like to further improve your individual skills by working one-on-one or taking a class with one of our Certified Instructors, check out our on-line directory to find one near you. See AnimalFlow.com for more information.
Disclaimer: You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. You should be in a physical condition that enables you to participate in the exercise. Consult with a physician if you have any medical conditions that might impact your ability to participate in a bodyweight training program. See our website for full disclaimer.
view more view less